All members will initially join as as “Member” and special types will be granted on a case by case basis.
- Charter Members – those who joined on or before 30 June 1998
- Members – those joining on or after 1 July 1998
- Life Members – Charter Members and Members may become “Life Members” by paying a one-time fee.
- Honorary Members – Widows and parents, sons and daughters (under certain conditions), of deceased Association Members, Nimitz Crew Members and Embarked Units Personnel, who were Members in good standing at the time of their death, may become “Honorary Members”. Please see further details for “Honorary Members” as indicated in the By-Laws.
- Categories of Association Membership – Direct descendants of Fleet Admiral and Mrs. Chester W. Nimitz.
- Associate Members – Interested personnel may join as Associate Members under such criteria as may be established by the Association. Please see further details for “Associate Members” as indicated in the By-Laws.
The USS Nimitz (CVN-68) Association will now be offering Lifetime Memberships to all registered Association members. This new membership type was voted on and approved by the assocation at the 2006 Annual reunion and when paid for will give the member lifetime membership in the association. The membership dues for this type of membership is dependent on the members age and is not transferable.
If you are not currently a member and wish to join the association. Please click here join the association, complete the membership. When prompted for membership dues, select Life Time membership to complete the membership process. If you are already a member of the association wish to become a lifetime member, select Renewal from the Roster menu item above and complete the renewal process by selecting Lifetime member for your Membership type.
Dues for a Lifetime Membership are as follow:
- Under 50 years of age: $350.00
- 51<60 years of age: $250.00
- 61<70 years of age: $150.00
- Over 71 years of age: $50.00
Initiation Fees & Dues
Annual dues are $20.00 and reminders for the next years dues are mailed out in December. Members may pay as many years forward as they want.
You can also become a lifetime member at any point.